Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Chong Wei may celebrate in London

SEE YOU IN LONDON!

A month ago he almost quit his Olympic dream. The nation's sports fraternity was in anxiety when he tore his ankle ligament at the Thomas Cup.

His withdrawal against Denmark cost Malaysia the tie but honesty the Thomas Cup was probably the last thing on his mind. It was the Olympics. Malaysia's Olympic dream of winning the elusive gold medal was in jeopardy, if not in shatters.

For the record, even if Chong Wei was fit we wouldn't have won the Thomas Cup. The rest of the team are a bunch of no hopers.

For month or so Chong Wei didn't speak much of his chances and drew a sympathetic look as he said he could only try to be at his best.

When probed if psychological help was needed, Chong Wei insisted no help needed.

Fast forward a month since his injury, and Chong Wei is already speaking if winning the Olympic gold and that his injury could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
“I couldn’t accept it (the injury) at first but I realised it may work in my favour. There is less pressure and this allows me to give my best. If I do win the gold medal, it is for Malaysia as everyone has been waiting for it for so long.”
 And what about losing his World No. 1 status? LCW is losing no sleep over that either.
“I’m not paying much attention because it doesn’t really make much difference. My preparations have been the same and the goal’s to win the Olympics gold medal, not staying as No 1 in the world,”
All the best Chong Wei! Malaysia is behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment